Sunday 2 February 2014

Woodlands View CIPS Rules Match

This was the last of the 12 teams of 5, 3 match series of which is done to international rules with a 13m limit and float only. I chose to participate in because it puts you up against some of the best anglers in the country, Names include, Sean Ashby, Steve Hemingray, Des Shipp, Callum Dicks, Joe Roberts, Cameron Hughes, Lee Edwards the list goes on. 

My First match at Barston gave me a hammering off the next by Sean Ashby who won the match and then I finished 4th Individual and winning Spring lake at viaduct off peg 20 so I have had a mixed couple of matches. Anyway less of the background to the league and more of round 3. 

5.45 alarm goes off and a nice 2 and a bit hour drive commenced all alone as Mr Power didn't fancy travelling together, maybe it's because I talk to much. Arriving at the fishery I am greeted with verbal abuse from Adam Wakelin so after a little bit of friendly banter I decide to wipe my eggy fingers from my sarny all over his back and then the draw was made. Andy came back and showed me A35 which was on Arlyes  pool. I turn up to my peg and am greeted by strong wind right to left and with strong winds forecasted they decide to start earlier to save us a bit from the onslaught.

I set up a top 6 line for casters and two 11.5m lines, 1 with double leam, bloodworm and joker and the other micro pellets with dead reds. 10min pre baiting commences and I feed 4 balls of double leam with about half my joker pack on the 10 o clock line followed by a small cup of micros at 2 o clock.

Match starts with me at 6m for no bites in 15mins so decide to give the b & j line a whirl with double bloodworm on hook. Stayed on this for about 40mins of which i had 7 roach. Not great. tried pellet line but no bites. come in on 6m line to catch a small perch and a few roach but I did also bump a perch which felt a bit better so was getting angry. Not many people catching in my section so go out to 11.5m line again to try get some skimmers. Few roach on this when my pole gets dragged around I end up almost smacking scott next to me in the head. (Here comes the wind) 5minutes later and scott hooks into a skimmer but while playing a huge gust came and I tried to stop it from hitting him when my 11.5m section smashes in half and i end up smacking into his keepnet. Bitch what do I do now as I didn't take my spare pole so thinking I could only fish 9m I thought bugger it large pot of micros. I left it for 10mins and when I went in with dead red I hook a 4oz skimmer straight away followed by another. Maybe breaking my pole had been a god send. This was followed by a 1lber and a few more.

I weighed in 6lb exactly with scott having 7lb 4oz and bloke to my right who had 5lb 3oz. Simon Wilsmore 2 to my right had 5lb 9oz so I came 4th in section. Team didn't do too well with only John Harvey winning his section and the whole match fished hard with only 13lb winning.

A Kamasan Starlets team won the lague with Diawa Dorking second. I really enjoy these matches even if I get battered and it be nice to see a few more local anglers taking part next year rather than just sitting on a lead etc and trying something different and learning a lot. Tomorrow is Viaduct Winter League for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment