Sunday 2 February 2014

Viaduct WL Round 2

This week and my turn on the match/spring lake section. A quick run up the unit to grab my other pole ready for hopefully it to stay in the bag with a peg on spring being my preferred destination as this is a very un fair section when the spring pegs can catch two fish and easily beat people on match lake. Last year I drew peg 3 and won section with 3 carp so was hoping my luck would be in today considering the poor showing I had yesterday. 

After a quick discussion with Mark we decided to give Andy Power another chance to draw a good team draw but this would not to be so I will be drawing next round. He came back with 129 (crap), 98(reasonable) 68(reasonable) 49 on match (worst island peg on the lake, steve long agrees with me) and peg 21 on spring (shockingly crap). The Preston Innovations OAP's who won last round only drew same peg which meant Gary O'Shea was on Bunghole peg5. Got to my peg and it was nice to see Myles Levy fishing but unlucky for him he was on peg 6. I had Tackle UK dobbing  legend Scott Russell on Peg 48 and Dave White on 50 for company.

I set up a 10ft bomb road to swap between a gb feeder and lead quickly. 1 waggler rod for casting tight to the Island. 14.5m gb line for skimmers, 6m caster line and a 16m margin line into the corner. To cut long story short I didn't have a bite on the wag or the 6m line. First hour I spent on the gb feeder with single or double dead red to which I had 1 F1 on each, by this stage scott said they were catching on the other side of the lake down the edge so me being bored I put a grain of corn on my edge rig and shipped down 16m to give it a go. 20seconds later and I have an F1, back in and another followed by another 5 in the next 20mins, awesome I said to Scott "IT'S SOLID MATE" of course I should of shut my mouth as I never had another bite down there. Gave the lead a whirl with bread for one more F1 giving me 10 in total. 2 odd hours left and I was caught in two minds to stick with the lead/edge or fish for silvers. I caught a few roach at 14.5m but no skimmers or even signs of fizz like I did when I was on the peg over christmas when I had 32lb of skimmers and F1's. Bugger it I will keep fishing for carp / F1's to which I didn't have a sniff. The other side of lake which includes Pegs 42,43,44,45 and 46 all had around 25lb except Tim Ford on 42 who had 65lb (awesome weight there by the river expert). I weighed in 17lb 12oz which was good enough to beat everyone else from pegs 47 round to peg 40. Scott had 8lb on and Dave had 4lb. Spring as expected fished better. Phil Cardwell won the section off peg 4 with 6 carp for 67lb, Pegs 1,3 and 5 had around 4 carp each and the other two pegs I beat so I ended up with 10 points. I was a bit disappointed but it could of been worse. 

Team wise we did exceptionally well off a poor draw with 65 points with a special mention to our boy Timmy Rowe who had 17 points off peg 21 with 4 carp for 46lb. (Legend)

The Match was won by Nige Easton with 119lb off peg 125, Longy was 2nd with 112lb off 78. Silvers was won by Adam Mitchell with 23lb off peg 37 (surprise surprise)

Just a quick mention to my Salisbury mate James Knight who I have a 2lb wager with every round, £1 for weight and £1 for points. He drew peg 102(flier) when I was on 60 on lodge 2-0 to him and this week he drew 73(flier) this week. I was especting to pass over another £2 but hahahaha James you absolutely messed that peg up. 1 carp off there, did you actually put some bait on???????? 2-2

1 comment:

  1. You've now been added to my blog list, so I hope you keep this up. A very good read, especially liked the expert bit, lol!

    ReplyDelete